If you are planning to relocate to Connecticut from New York to enjoy your retirement or are job-related then you will need to consider car shipping services. You cannot drive your car to Connecticut because it can be tiresome. It is wise to hire a car transport company. Ship a Car, Inc. is the best car shipping service in Connecticut. You can call their coordinator for more details regarding the best ways of getting your vehicle shipped from its source to the destination.
Read Time:2 Minute, 37 Second
Tips to use Connecticut Vehicle Transport Company
- Conduct a thorough background check before calling a car transport company to find out who you will work with.
- Check if they carry insurance and are bonded. It means if the truck driver gets involved in a crash, you stay covered. Understand what is covered, when your vehicle is in transit. If your car is high-end then spend a little and increase the coverage.
- For long distances, the large transport companies keep costs low as they have an established carrier network. If the auto shipping company has a small carrier fleet then they are unable to handle every region across the US with ease, so they may quote a little high on your shipment.
- Beware of scammers because they are everywhere. If you see unusually low prices, poor website format, and large down payments then move away, it is a red flag.
- You will have to choose from two types of shipping options – open and enclosed. An open carrier is the cheapest car transport method and suitable for short distances. However, if the distance is long or you need to transport classic care then choose enclosed shipping. It protects your vehicle from weather conditions, dirt, debris, scratches, and prying eyes. In an enclosed carrier, shipping is done faster than open one because few vehicles are loaded, so it needs few stops.
- Regardless of the option enclosed or open shipping, your car can undergo a couple of scratches or bumps during transit. In an open trailer, your car is exposed to road debris and elements just like when you drive it around every day. The only difference is when it moves on the open carrier, miles don’t increase and there are no concerns about engine failure or flat tire. Beams and surrounding vehicles offer some shield against climatic conditions.
- The car hauling cost will be based on total mileage. Per mile cost will decrease for extra-long distances. The factors considered while calculating the cost include vehicle size, distance, door-to-door/terminal-to-terminal delivery, season, and timeline.
- If you are not in a time crunch then wait to ship the car. Avoid peak times and schedule them in the off-peak season. Ensure to book in advance because the company can keep the required carrier and manpower for the job. Timing matters because if you wait longer then the booking will be closed and you don’t desire to choose emergency car transport services.
- Request quotes from 4 to 5 auto shipping companies. Compare rates and choose one that has experience and reputation.